Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses
for young people in Cambridgeshire
Feedback from participants
We ask participants to fill in an evaluation of each workshop, and to offer us their comments on individual workshops and the series as a whole. Here are some of their comments:
- I enjoyed being introduced to different mathematics and being able to meet and work with new people.
- The work was fun to do but I also learnt stuff from it.
- The maths was on a more sophisticated level than at school and we did things that I had never heard of.
- Very hard, but I like it that way!
- I enjoyed learning more maths and making more friends at the same time. I also enjoyed having different lectures.
- I liked it that everyone wanted to learn, the teachers were very nice and the work was a lot more challenging than the work set to us at school.
- I enjoyed the way the workshops were run because they got you very involved and sometimes made you wonder what you were talking about and we carried things on into the impossible world.
- In all the workshops I learnt a lot of things and it waas interesting to find out how maths takes over every day of our life.
- I liked meeting other people like myself, and reviewing many different mathematical fields. I think this has shown me how many areas there are in maths.
- It brought me forward to what maths is also about and not just adding and subtracting.
- I enjoyed learning about new stuff that we wouldn't otherwise. I was amazed at how complicated maths can get. It's more than just numbers.
- Taught some cool stuff. I impressed my maths teacher.
- It was the most fun maths lesson I've had in a while.
- At first I found it hard, but once I understood it I could do it easily.
- It is maths, all about maths, and maths is the thing I'm best at.
- It was all really good and I would definitely do it again.